It is the policy of Chatham Transit Network not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Chatham Transit Network will take action to ensure that all functions and processes with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions meet the terms and conditions of this policy statement and the law.
Chatham Transit Network will continue to make it understood in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only.
Procedures for handling EEO complaints are as follows:
1. The complaint should be reported to the Executive Director no later than 180 calendar days after the date of the alleged act of discrimination.
a. If the complaint is against the Executive Director, the complaint should be made to the Board Chair.
2. All complaints should be in writing and signed by the complainant(s) or a representative and include the complainant’s name, address, and telephone number. Complaints received by fax or email will be acknowledged and processed. Allegations received by telephone or in person will be reduced to writing, may be recorded and will be provided to the complainant for confirmation or revision before processing. Complaints will be accepted in other languages, including Braille.
3. Upon receipt of complaint, a written acknowledgement will be mailed to the complainant within ten (10) business days by mail and the complaint will be entered into the EEO complaint log.
4. The Executive Director will notify the complainant of whether the complaint has sufficient merit to warrant an investigation.
5. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the Executive Director’s decision, the complainant may file a grievance with the Board of Directors.